We are now compiling a list of all those who are interested in certain graves or maintain a grave. We are doing this so that we can easily contact people in case we need to take some action concerning the grave e.g. to remove an unsafe headstone. If you would like to be contacted in such circumstances, then please email us (with the details below).
You can request a full copy of a grave inscription, a photo, make a dedication or ask to be kept informed of the state of a grave. If you would like to make a donation, that would be greatly appreciated.
We intend to take photos of the graves on a regular basis. If you would like a copy of the picture on a regular basis (perhaps seasonally or annually) please indicate this when applying; we can send a standing order form if preferred.
Sorry, our form is not yet available. In the meantime, please send your request to the webmaster by email, including the following details:
- Your name
- Phone no
- Preferred means of contact
- Grave Ref No:
- Grave Name:
- Would you like
- 1. a copy of the inscription y/n
- 2. Photos - list grave/photo Numbers
- 2a How often would you like a new photo?
- 2b Photo by email or post? (if email specify the size required or write 'Maximum')
- 3. to write a message or Dedication: Type your words here
- 4. to be kept informed on the state of the grave or any work planned
- If you have found this useful then please feel free to make a donation:
- Are you a UK tax payer? (We will claim the tax back using Gift Aid.)
It costs a lot to maintain the churchyard - over £3,500 in 2007, plus lots of time from volunteers. Some of the activities that have to be regularly undertaken include mowing the grass, ensuring the trees and gravestones are safe. It takes 12 hours just to cut the grass each time and this has to be done every week or two in the summer. If you can help in any way, it would be most appreciated. We are very pleased that our work in keeping the churchyard tidy is appreciated by the families of those laid to rest at St Saviours. It is only due to the generosity of people such as yourself that we are able to carry out the work without redress to the general church funds.
*No guarantees can be made about how long a dedication will appear on this site or that you will be contacted about the state of any grave, especially if this website was to fall into disrepair. Every effort is made to send the photos as soon as possible.